Hello from Sammamish WA

SammiChicks

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Sammamish WA
Hi Everyone.
I yet another newbie and am so excited to find this community! So I am a on-the-go suburban Mom with three girls ages 7, 5, & 3. I love to cook everything I can from scratch and am moving my love of the kitchen out into my yard with a kitchen garden and our newly aquired chicks. My husband is a great do-it-yourselfer who grew up with large animals they raised for food and a steady stream of chickens, goats, dogs, etc. We were looking for a family pet and are really getting into the slow-food thing, so we thought some chickens might be a good fit for our family. We just got 5 little chicks from our local feed store and are having a great time sharing our familyroom with them. We got 2 Ameraucanas, 2 Rhode Island Reds, and Barred Rock. My girls LOVE them and I love listening to them peeping away. Once apon a time, my husband was an architect and drives me nuts with his constant building projects, so I am thrilled to have him focused and motivated about building our coop. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the way. Thanks for keeping up this awesome site.

-SammiChicks

welcome-byc.gif
You will love it here!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome aboard and we're happy to have you here!

If you and hubby are into the self sufficient lifestyle you might want to check out the link at the bottom of the page for sufficient self. Great community on there too!

Back
Top Bottom