Hello from Scotland! *Updated with piccies!*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Highlander, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Hello everyone,

Got my first chickens ( 6 isa browns - now only 5 due to the dog but that's another story!) 8 weeks ago and absolutely addicted to keeping chickens. Added Copper the French Copper Marans Roo 2 weeks ago and instantly fell head over heels. Had loads of questions initially that kept Google busy and I always ended up on this site as it had the best info available. Now that I have been "lurking" for a few weeks I thought it was time I registered and said hello to everyone.

So a big Hi! to you all from wet and windy Scotland and I look forward to speaking to you all and hopefully making lots of new friends!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
  2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Glad you found us and welcome. I never would have thought in a million years that chickens could be so much fun.

3. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Oh WELCOME! [​IMG] I loved Scotland, visited WAY too many years ago and am longing to go back. Will you share photos so we can live vicariously through you? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Where in Scotland are you from??? I have friends from Ayre and from Edinborough.

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Welcome to BYC. We're happy you're here!

6. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Too bad we can't hear your accent right now [​IMG] Welcome to our little board and enjoy your stay. People say where I live is the "Scotland of America" because of the green rolling hills and wind .... funny huh?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  7. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    mom'sfolly :

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Where in Scotland are you from??? I have friends from Ayre and from Edinborough.

I live on a non-working 11 acre farm in rural Aberdeenshire. I will get the camera out tomorrow and post some piccies.​

8. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! Can't wait to hear more about chicken keeping in Scotland! Hope to see lots of photos! You'll love it here....

9. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss! Pictures!!! [​IMG]

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] Hi and a very warm welcome from another Brit who found this wonderful site some months back...chicken fever going to get you bad.....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by