Hello from South Carolina!

Well, they weren't to far away then. G'town and C'ton are neighboring counties as I'm sure you already know. How do you like NC in comparison to SC?

SC will always be my home. My mom and siblings and their families all still live there so I go home as offten as time allows. Oh and I have lived in NC for 33 yrs. which is longer than I lived in S.C. I love N.C. too but my heart will always be in S.C.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Family. Alot of great advice from all BYC members. Everyone is always egar to help and walk you thru things if you should need any help. I am out here in Swansea about 15 miles from Columbia. I have 26 brown egg layers,a black lab and 2 pygmy goats.

Ray

Cocky,
I am more like north Greer but used to work on a few horse farms a few miles from NGU back when it was a college! I live in no man's land on the border of G'ville and Sptbg, next to the NC border, but not really in Landrum. How's that for confusing?

We have Cochins right now and one girl just went broody on some eggs. I have about 70 chicks on order with 11 different breeds. Hey, if you're gunna do chickens, do it right! We ordered dual purpose, brown layers.

Gosh, chickens are addictive! But of all the pets we have or have had, at least these give us back something useful! Lots of somethings; eggs, meat and fertilizer.
big_smile.png

NCCountry: where does your family live in SC?...you might have said before, but I didn't catch it.

Nadine: I think I kinda sorta know where you are talking about. that area sure is growing fast.... and 70 chicks?!?! wow, I'm not that brave yet. we have 9 hens and 1 roo, and plan on getting about 10 more this summer.

poopcoop: I kinda sorta know where swansea is too, they have had a pretty good f-ball team in the past and one of my other real passions is highschool football

Oh, come on, Cocky!
big_smile.png
I hear everyone say they started out with a few and the next year a bunch more and by the third year---whammo! Lots of chickens. I figure I'm too old to waste time so here goes. The few I have now seem so lonely out here listening to the other neighbors through the woods with their chickens. Now it is my turn for them to listen to our chickens! LOL
The horses are gone and there is plenty of room. What to do with an empty barn anyhow? Turn the stalls into coops and finally have something pay for itself! Too kewl!
cool.png

NCCountry: where does your family live in SC?...you might have said before, but I didn't catch it.

Cocky look at the post before yours. I am from the big town of Columbia. My dad was a Master Sargent at Fort Jackson for 36 years. Yeah I'm an Army brat.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom