Hello from South Carolina!

After speaking with a poultry farmer in Awendaw, I have sadly decided to wait until spring to get my chicks. I'll have more choices, and will likely get the breeds I am looking for.

I know it will seem an eternity before they arrive.
But you have all winter to go through a catalog and decide exactly what breeds are best for you. And it gives you plenty of time to get a brooder ready and the coop. Plan big, buy small. It never turns out the way you plan!
I was going to get only 25 chickens. Huh! I now have well over a hundred. We are still building and adding on.
And make sure it is early spring. That brooder light gets awful hot when the weather outside is very warm, too. I raised chicks in May and hated that. If I order again it will be in March, no later than the first of April.
Good luck!

Hi from Upstate SC. I've read this msg board for a year or so and decided to join.

big_smile.png

Welcome aboard, Kung Fu!
Adore your avatar. My house is fun of Siamese mix cats. Those blue eyes just get to me.

Tell us about your chickens and any plans you have for them or more.

Hi!
I posted on another SC spot, but hello to everyone from the big town of Orangeburg, SC. Anyone have chicks in the area available let me know.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

I think Gary has some available but am not sure. He posts on here sometimes and lives in Salley. He has some beautiful birds and I have some very nice ones from him. I got Araucanas from him and they lay a wonderful blue egg!
Everything I hatch seems to be a roo though so
I haven't any pullets available myself but you should be able to find someone around that may.
I can't remember Gary's ID on here but I know he posted his blue eggs on the thread I had going for "Blue, blue eggs" if you do a search for it you will see his ID with the basket of gorgeous blue eggs.
Good luck!
jumpy.gif

I'm a new member here in Oburg myself. Is that chicken show this weekend at the fair grounds? I'm looking for a sex link rooster and a couple hens. I have 3 hens now and a game cock rooster.

Back
Top Bottom