Hello from South Carolina

Wingwalker

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 3, 2011
Been hanging out and peeking over the fence. Thought I would jump in. I will try and do the question thing.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes very / Apr 2011 Got 12 hens & 2 rosters, all R. Reds

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
11 hens & 2 rosters......lost one hen to a stupid mistake. "Had" some large plastic trash cans for feed storage in the coop. One got caught behind and could not get out. Moved cans. All are lying now. Rosters are doing fine also.

(3) What breeds do you have?
R. Reds

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Searched for info on chickens on Google..........best choice I made.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Also have 19 Mallard duck, 7 drakes & 12 hens. Making arrangements to move 2 drakes and 4 hens to a large pond. This is a test to see how long they will last without the critters getting them. Also have 5 rabbits....right now.....probably double that in a week or so.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Married forever, 8 kids 4 rosters and 4 hens. Last count have 24 grand-kids varied sex and species, and 5 great-grand kids.
Have one dog. She is my best friend and helper, loves them eggs. Getting an average of 10 a day.
Occupation..........to much to do. Don't have time for a job. Actually retired military.
Looking forward to sharing and learning from the forum.
Thanks for having me.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida! Glad you joined us!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom