Hello from southwest oregon!

grdad

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2024
Another newbee to the forum. My wife and I are new to the Oregon coast and have decided that in these turbulent times, we will try chickens as another tool in our self sufficient tool box. We are starting with 4 Rhode Island Reds and 4 Barred Rocks. Started with an Amazon chicken coop with an attached 30" x 90" pen. I am looking at a "Suskovich" chicken tractor as a simple way to give the hens more room. Weather here on the coast can be very windy and rainy. we have 50 plus inches of rain since October first and just came through a series of 3 gales almost back to back.
I found backyardchickens.com while looking for PVC feeders. I came across "Ultimate PVC Gravity Feeder" post dated 31 Aug 2016. It says there is a link to a complete set of plans for the feeder, but the link is not working. Does anyone have a copy of that set of plans. I can muddle together a feeder from the pictures, but it sure would make it easier to have those plans. That's it for now, and thanks for your help.

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

We're testing out the DIY 5-gallon buckets with the ports in them and thus far, like the one we made. Got everything but the bucket here. You can cover the ports at night if rats or mice are an issue. We don't have issues, but our neighbor uses these and is who got us onto them and said she's saving a bundle in food as the rats can't get to it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom