Hello from SW Wisconsin

sreverts

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2019
20191114_181612.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I am a city girl that fell in love with a country boy. We have a small acreage in Richland County Wisconsin. We have had fowl for 4 years. We started with a small flock of chickens and turkeys then added ducks and last year we had a gaggle of geese. Many of our birds have been butchered for meat but we've always kept some laying hens.

This summer I bought a surprise box of chicks from Cackle Hatchery. I love the selection of chicken breeds that I received. Currently with our original flock, my Cackle birds, a group of Swedish Black chicks, 1 turkey and 3 ducks...we have a total of 70.

This number will likely decrease over the winter as I have way too many roosters in the coop!

Breeds:
  • Polish
  • Cochin
  • Speckled Sussex
  • Wyandotte
  • Delaware
  • Welsummer
  • Silkies
  • New Hampshire
  • Brahma (Light and Buff)
  • Blue Sumatra
  • Houdan
  • Appenzeller Spitzhauben
  • Golden Comet
  • Barred Rock
  • Phoenix
  • Red Ranger
  • Barnyard Mix
  • Buff and Jubilee Orpington
  • Dominique
  • Cuckoo Maran
  • Easter Egger
  • Amauracana
  • Salmon Faverolle
  • Buckeye

I really enjoy the different personalities that are displayed through my flock. It is also great to get delicious fresh eggs (and at times meat).

In addition to our coop, we have a small flock of sheep, heritage hogs, a horse and an alpaca. I love taking photos of all the animals on our small farm. During the school year, I am an elementary teacher and in the summer, we take pork to a local farmer's market.

I have known of BYC for a long while and came across articles here and there. I recently joined the fbook BYC page to gain from the wealth of online knowledge and community. With a new laptop, it was time to join this page as well.

View attachment 1975609
Hi Everyone,

I am a city girl that fell in love with a country boy. We have a small acreage in Richland County Wisconsin. We have had fowl for 4 years. We started with a small flock of chickens and turkeys then added ducks and last year we had a gaggle of geese. Many of our birds have been butchered for meat but we've always kept some laying hens.

This summer I bought a surprise box of chicks from Cackle Hatchery. I love the selection of chicken breeds that I received. Currently with our original flock, my Cackle birds, a group of Swedish Black chicks, 1 turkey and 3 ducks...we have a total of 70.

This number will likely decrease over the winter as I have way too many roosters in the coop!

Breeds:
  • Polish
  • Cochin
  • Speckled Sussex
  • Wyandotte
  • Delaware
  • Welsummer
  • Silkies
  • New Hampshire
  • Brahma (Light and Buff)
  • Blue Sumatra
  • Houdan
  • Appenzeller Spitzhauben
  • Golden Comet
  • Barred Rock
  • Phoenix
  • Red Ranger
  • Barnyard Mix
  • Buff and Jubilee Orpington
  • Dominique
  • Cuckoo Maran
  • Easter Egger
  • Amauracana
  • Salmon Faverolle
  • Buckeye

I really enjoy the different personalities that are displayed through my flock. It is also great to get delicious fresh eggs (and at times meat).

In addition to our coop, we have a small flock of sheep, heritage hogs, a horse and an alpaca. I love taking photos of all the animals on our small farm. During the school year, I am an elementary teacher and in the summer, we take pork to a local farmer's market.

I have known of BYC for a long while and came across articles here and there. I recently joined the fbook BYC page to gain from the wealth of online knowledge and community. With a new laptop, it was time to join this page as well.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom