Hello from Tampa -Forida :)

simi33

Songster
10 Years
Dec 19, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Hello, my name is Simona and I live in Tampa Bay area in Florida. I recently moved in with my bf and started chickens couple months ago. I have a 7+ months old Black sex link called Blackie (the one in the profile pic) and 2 Rhode island reds which are about 4-5 months old. Blackie lays eggs, in fact she laid an egg every single day for the past 3 weeks or so and when I let her our of her coop follows me around and if I run she follows and tries to keep up with me and likes to ''talk'' when she is around me and seems pretty smart for a chicken because I call her name and hold the coop door open and tell her to go in the coop and she goes in it?? Weird that she listens better than my bf’s 3 year old Rottweiler dog that he trained! Haha. She is very friendly and I pick her up daily and feed her veggie treats which she begs for by inspecting my hands. I wish I could let her roam more but we have hawks and many predators here but soon my bf will build a run for my chickens so they aren't stuck in a 8x8 coop most of the day. The other 2 chicks are friendly too but they scream at first when I pick them up to pet them. I recently ordered 15 chicks from Idealpoultry.com and they sent me 30 to keep my other chicks warm. I am trying to figure out what kind of breed they are because I took picture and I sent them Idealpoultry and they aren't so sure of what breeds they are. I am starting a thread here to hopefully find out what they are :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/853971/what-breeds-are-these-3-chicks

Hi there,
frow.gif
and welcome to BYC!

Great to have you aboard and enjoy your new babies!

welcome-byc.gif
Pretty sure bet the extra chicks Ideal sent as "warmers," will be cockerels, that's one of the kinder ways hatcheries get rid of excess males. There is a thread in existence called "what gender or breed is this?"

Hello from Texas. Very cold and icy day here. I also received warmers with my chick order. Mine are all white. Good luck identifying yours.

Back
Top Bottom