Hello From Texas!

whitneyo

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 18, 2013
San Marcos, Texas
Hi from San Marcos, Texas!! Living in the sticks of the '666. I have chickens that are now several months old (8ish) but still not laying. I'm hoping any day now...

welcome-byc.gif
What breeds do you have? This is a great place to be if you have chicken questions. I have learned so much from this website. I hope you get eggs soon!

Hi! I have a few speckled sussex, one partridge plymouth rock, some golden campines, a top hat (rooster), two bantam cochins, and three barred plymouth rocks. Oh! And three guineas.

Wow, you have quite the array of birds! The only information I have is that we just got our first egg yesterday. It was from one of our Barred Rocks. They are 22 weeks old today. They do have oyster shell to pick at and they're on layer feed. Not sure if that matters to when they lay their eggs.

Oh, I have a friend that moved from San Marcos about a year ago. Do you know a guy named Sand?

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Those girls really should get going now and lay you a few eggs! What are you feeding them?

Hello neighbor. I work in San Marcos, near the Outlet. I gave a friend some Oriental chicken to breed in SM too. Maybe someday I can come over .. for lunch ... scramble eggs maybe. Welcome to the site.

Last edited:
Don't know anyone named Sand, I really actually don't know anyone here in SM.

No, I will not invite any strange people to my home, sorry.

I feed them some scratch occasionally plus tons of stuff that used to go into my compost (fruits and veggies). I also occasionally mix in oyster shell with the crumble that is always in the coop.

I figured that it is still just too hot for them to start laying for their first season, though we have dropped in temp (below the habitual 100 degrees) for the last week or so.

They might not be quite 8 months old--but they are not far from it.

Don't know anyone named Sand, I really actually don't know anyone here in SM.

No, I will not invite any strange people to my home, sorry.

I feed them some scratch occasionally plus tons of stuff that used to go into my compost (fruits and veggies). I also occasionally mix in oyster shell with the crumble that is always in the coop.

I figured that it is still just too hot for them to start laying for their first season, though we have dropped in temp (below the habitual 100 degrees) for the last week or so.

They might not be quite 8 months old--but they are not far from it.

Ah, just wondering if you knew him, sometimes it's a small world.

Lol on that second line, and, good policy!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom