Hello from Texas!

Shana23

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 7, 2014
TEXAS
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Our family is new to having chickens. We have yet to get any and are still doing research so that we can be properly prepared.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We plan on 5 hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?

From the research I have done we plan on having: 1- Barred Rock, 2- Black Australorp, 1-Cochin and 1-Easter Egger

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google search about coops

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Pottery, crochet, canning...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

There are 4 of us, my husband and I and our two children that are 6 and 18 months. We also have a Great Pry named Luna, a cat named Isis and a pond with various fish a turtle and a frog. We spend a lot of time in the back yard and would love to add to it with the addition of BYC:)

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very good and thorough introduction. My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. You have good tastes in breeds. :eek:) I've raised Black Australorps for years and they are my favorite standard breed; extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of ours), and the best layers of the standard, brown egg laying breeds. Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's favorites. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

So glad you joined us!
smile.png

Enjoy your flock and welcome to ours!

Hope your Great Pyrenees turns into a first class livestock guardian dog. THAT would teach predators a thing or two or three.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like picked out some nice breeds! They are all friendly docile birds.

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png
Good luck with your future chickens!

Back
Top Bottom