Hello, from The Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. Have a egg?

Soaring Chicks

Soaring Hawks Farm
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Henderson,NC
hmm.png
I have a Jersey Gaint that has gone broody. She is not sitting on her eggs , but 2 from my Cuckoo Maran. JUST WON 12+ BLR Wyandotte eggs. They will be shipped Monday. My ? is she has been setting for a few days. When the eggs get here should I put them under her or use a incubator?
Please help. I have never done eggs before very worried.
Thanks ,
Soaring Chicks

I'd use the bator considering you need to let shipped eggs settle for a day before setting them. Did you forget that? I usually do
big_smile.png

Thank you! Have read that oh hundred times. Just excited with BLR 's on the way. I just did not know if I could use her since she just went broody. Being the first time for broody and hatching eggs has me a little crazy. I would post photo of parent stock of the BLR's since some I will sell. If I get a good hatch.
fl.gif

Quote:
Hi back from another WV BYCer! I'd use the incubator on the BLRW since your broody already has eggs under her she might not set longer than when the two hatch out. My thoughts!

Thanks to all that answered my? and to all the rest. I just got a auto. incubator{not taking any chances}. She is not the best at brooding. If she gets up and there is 2 eggs in a another nest she will go in it. So I have to removes those eggs and put the others back under her. She gets really mad about that. I let her sit on the Maran's eggs do to they will be pure. So we will see what happens if they make it or not. Of course all this happens the day after I posted that. Does anyone know when next sale at Tractor Supply will be this spring?
jumpy.gif

Might
fl.gif
have some chickens to sale:fl.

Back
Top Bottom