Hello from the great state of Texas.

cowboy898

In the Brooder
May 14, 2015
Hello everyone,

People call me Cowboy. it's funny because I only moved my family to Texas three years ago. we have started keep chicken after we purchased our home and have had a lot of fun. It started with the chicks in the house in a water tub making all kinds of noise. Then once they moved outside, we had a Red tailed hawk landing on the top of the coup trying to get the chickens and when they started laying we had a 5 foot snake eating eggs until I disposed of it, ( I HATE SNAKES BIG TIME). We had ten until this spring when my wife came home from Tractor Supply with 10 more. Over all it has not been bad just have some questions from time to time.

Hello Cowboy!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. :frow

Glad I wasn't there. I hate S so much, I can't even say or write the word and we just have garter ones. For hawks you really need a good run with covered top. Everything loves chicken and unfortunately in a very bad way. You might like to check out the predators section for advice and ways to make them avoid your flock.

So glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom