Hello from the Netherlands.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tento, May 21, 2019.

1. Tento

Tento In the Brooder

May 21, 2019
    Hello to all of you Chickenlovers.

Found this forum by searching on the RCOM Pro 10 Plus on Google, which we got yesterday. Finally decided to register myself. Found a lot of information about it in a thread.

I ( we, me wife and I) are not new with chickens, I was breeding them already when I was about 14-15 years old ( Seebrights). Nowadays chickens we have, we got them 1 month ago.
    1 Cock and 5 chickens.

The breed we have is "Hollandse kriel" (Dutch bantam). The colours we have are silver, white, black, partridge (also the cock) and lemon partridge. We have them for the eggs ( and also because they are just beautifull).

We ordered a chickenhouse but when it came, damn, that was a small one, even too small for the little chickens, no doubt that we whould have put them in that small shed.

So where we always parked one of the cars, we rebuilt that part for the chickens so they would have space enough. With a substrate of wood chips and a nice sand bath in the corner they can spend all day.

The chickens we got from a cousin of my mother-in-law. Because of breeding bloodlines he could not "use" these anymore so we were glad we could take them over.

We had 4 eggs for breeding/hatching in a small machine. Problems with that machine and the next one again, so sh*t happens with the stressed eggs and they died in the egg.

But since yesterday the RCOM and wow, what a relief ( so far ;-)!) We will see, we put in 8 eggs in good condition. Let's see in 20 days :)!

Attached some pictures, hope you enjoy them. To compare, you can see the "green" ordered chickenhouse, which should be suitable for 6 small chicken pffffff.... if we have small chicken, after growing up, we will put them first in there so the others can get use to them. If not we will divide the whole room in 2 or 4 parts.

Also on the pictures the box I made from an old cupboard ( not ready/painted etc. on the pictures) where the small chicken will move in after dried up. The oldest dog has already approved it.

See ya.
    0001.JPG 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG

Robert & Nicole

2. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello, Robert & Nicole, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing.

fldiver97, sourland, 007Sean and 7 others like this.
  3. Leahs Coop

Leahs Coop Free Ranging

Nov 5, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hello Robert & Nichole,:frow Welcome to Backyard Chickens! It's great to have you here with us and I hope you'll enjoy this site as much as we all do! You have a beautiful coop and flock! Thanks for sharing pictures with us.

4. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Welcome to our FUNomenal Flock!!! :celebrate Best wishes and have lots of fun! :wee

5. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    fldiver97, sourland, 007Sean and 6 others like this.
  6. Tento

Tento In the Brooder

May 21, 2019
  7. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC.
    :yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.

Sorry I didn't make it here sooner. :oops:

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site (how to upload photos too):

Coop Ideas:
    Chicken Coops.

What exactly did you Google to get here? <<<<<<<<<<<Click there to go to the thread.

BYC has an APP!

8. Meg-in-MT

Meg-in-MT Free Ranging

Jan 29, 2018
    SW Montana
    Hello! Welcome to BYC!! :frow

I love what you guys did with the carport! Looks lovely. Thank you for sharing pictures.

Feel free to check out the links below for some interesting reading. Good luck on your adventures!

9. rjohns39

rjohns39 Wrangler

Aug 20, 2015
    Smith County, TN
    Hi Robert & Nicole and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

10. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: