Hello from the Shenandoah Valley in VA

Doodles21

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 7, 2010
Hi, I'm very new to keeping chickens. So new, in fact, that I don't have any chickens or a coop yet. I just fulfilled my childhood dream of living on a farm, however, so I'm hoping that the chickens wont be far behind. Right now I am a newly-wed college graduate and the proud "mom" to two dogs, two gerbils, and a cat. I've wanted chickens for a long time and I have been trying to educate myself about their care by reading all of the helpful posts on this site. With any luck I should be able to convince my husband and my dad to help me build a coop (probably in the fall when it cools off!) and then I'll finally have my own little flock. In the mean time, I will keep learning all about chickens!

welcome-byc.gif

I grew up in Natural Bridge. VA. You will surely learn alot here. You will love keeping chickens.

Thank you all! I am very excited to get started with chickens. I am so full of questions right now but I know that this forum will be an invaluable resource. Reading the posts her makes me want to go order some chicks right away (even though my husband would NOT be happy)
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
Hello from down I-81 a ways near Roanoke. This is a really incredible treasure trove of information. You'll learn a great deal for when you're ready to get some chicks.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom