Hello from the Tangier Sound!

Prosechicks

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2022
Deal Island
I'm finally joining BYC now that I've got a nice flock of my own!

This past March I kick-started my dream of a sustainable homestead and purchased 6 day old chicks; I had 3 barred rocks, 2 leghorns, 1 Rhode Island White. Then I couldn't help myself and got two silkies, a blue and chocolate frizzle, about a month later that are close to the same age as my chicks. Turns out both my silkies are roos 🤣 so I got two more hens to lighten the load on my other girls because I don't want to give my baby boys up. So I got a black cochin and salmon faverolle. the girls should be laying any day now! I love my diverse little flock and love watching them bop around the property. We have 3 cats and a dog who also love interacting with the flock. We're soon looking to add some goats to our homestead to help clear out our tree line of old, dying trees and overgrowth.

Excited to share and have the advice and support of the BYC community!

Here are some pics of my chickens and a guest chicken who seems to have decided to assimilate into my flock....
PXL_20220713_101138017.PORTRAIT.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220720_004222765.jpg
    PXL_20220720_004222765.jpg
    708.2 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20220720_111051251.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220720_111051251.PORTRAIT.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Welcome to BYC! Be very careful about bringing new to you birds home. Chicken diseases are real and easily spreadable.
Whenever I've brought birds home I isolated them for a bit before letting them fully integrate just in case. The strange extra rooster, however, came back with the girls from the woods the other day so no telling how long they were together... I have a pretty good idea where he came from but he won't let me near him enough to pick him up.

Back
Top Bottom