1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from TN

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bakerchick79, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Bakerchick79

Bakerchick79 New Egg

Feb 4, 2017
    Evensville, Tennessee
    When I was a kid, we had about 15 hens and 1 big rooster. I have recently decided to start a new coop just for fresh eggs and to have the chickens about for company and bug control. So, I've joined here to glean info. Thank you.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! How exciting for you to be getting back into keeping chickens :clap
    Have you checked out the learning Center? It sure is packed full of great info, please do pop by ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck and be sure to ask any questions. Everyone here to help.
    Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC! Great to have you with us!

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the flock! Thanks for joining us at BYC, please pull up a chair and make yourself at home! I hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Bakerchick, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! BYC is THE place to gather the info you need before taking the leap back into chicken keeping! Best wishes on your endeavor and thanks for joining us!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Bakerchick79 [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Great to have you here! You may enjoy chatting with others in TN, you can find your state thread here: post #1

Good luck and enjoy getting back into poultry!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    ps your avatar has the most unusual feathers I've ever seen. They look curls rather than just frizzled.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by