Hello from Tucson

sachsr

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 4, 2012
Hello everyone,
I just got my first chickens this January. I decided to get chickens for a few reasons. I thought they would make an interesting to our small urban yard, the kids wanted them, we garden, and from what I've heard these things lay eggs:) I built a small coop and run on a half wall. I gave it a flip up top, and painted it in barn colors. At first we had two Americuana (probably EE's) and a Rhode Island red. One of the EE's turned out to be a roo, so he found a new home via Craigslist. The remaining two are outside in the coop, and we have two new fuzzy butts in the house. So far I'm enjoying them, and have found them to be fun to watch, and easy to care for.
I think the average person can get the basics of chickens in about 20 minutes of research on this site.

Oh and my Avatar is a picture that my children took of themselves. I had just asked them, "is Ella walking on the desk?" They said, "no" Also the older one was told she couldn't have candy. BUSTED.

lol.png
That's fun...
welcome-byc.gif
from Utah! Best of luck with your chicks, now we'll have to push you to invest in an incubator...

Back
Top Bottom