1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from upstate New York

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Andreab, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Andreab

Andreab Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2009
    Hello everyone,
    I am somewhat new I have been reading over the site for several weeks. I have learned so much from this site , I am so glad I found it. I live in New York about a hour north of Syracuse. We still have several feet of snow!! I am ready for spring. I was given six hens the are about a year old and I am getting five eggs a day, two weeks ago, by a close family friend, and I am in love. My kids love having the chickens also. The kids want to have chickens for show in 4-h, although I am having a hard time finding chickens that would be show quality. I was going to order from McMurry but after reading some of the information on here I dont think I would get show quality from McMurry. After reading the information on the Ameraucana chickens I have decided I want to have a small flock of those, maybe I will show them to. That may have to wait till next year as I am having a hard time finding Ameraucana's. Well thanks for reading I look forward to chatting with all of you!!!

2. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello & [​IMG] from NC [​IMG]

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Welcome [​IMG] from down state in westchester. As for looking for SQ birds look up the Americana breeding club/association and put up a post here at BYC as well. You will probably be able to find a few and have them shipped. You wont get SQ from the main hatcheries. I got a few Silkies and a beautiful Araucanas roo from 2 great BYC members The silkies may be SQ they certainly come from SQ stock.

4. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    From Old Town, Maine

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Glad to have you with us WELCOME!!!!!

AL

6. B. Saffles Farms