Hello from Utah

byc-egg-basket.jpg

Aww, you have the perfect size flock to start off with, and so pretty too!
Good luck in your new chicken adventure!!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am very new to chickens, never been around them or anyone that raised them. I got my three little chicks April 28th 2018 from a IFA store

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have three, nugget, beaker, and Astro

(3) What breeds do you have?

Nugget is a orange buff Orpington, beaker is an Ameraucana, and Astro is a black Australorp

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

By searching google for chicken questions, came across the page

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love to ski, camp, hike, fish, play video games, watch movies, the usual lol

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a Alaskan malamute who is 7 this year, I currently live with my parents to help take care of my father who has MS, I work in parts for John Deere construction equipment.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I finally joined the community when I kept looking to these forms for answers with it being my first time ever having chickens. Google seems to put this site at the top

Welcome to Backyard chickens! Does your Alaskan malamute ever try to get your chickens?

She doesn’t try to get to them, does really well around them until they start to run around and she’ll get excited but she listens very well when I call her back. Otherwise she leaves them alone and they all do their own thing

View attachment 1565866

Aww, you have the perfect size flock to start off with, and so pretty too!
Good luck in your new chicken adventure!!

Thanks so much!! I was only going to start out with two but the person helping me said I should go for at the least three :) and it worked perfect because i got all three breeds I wanted lol

Back
Top Bottom