Hello, from Venus, Tx

Trent & Sue Stubblefield

In the Brooder
May 17, 2017
Venus, TX
Hello everyone!
We've been raising chickens for 3 years now. We started with 3 from my parents, but sadly lost 2 of them. Big Momma was by herself for nearly 2 years hanging out in the back yard with our German Shepherd, and we decided to build a right coop and have at it for real. We currently have 1 roo and 3 hens in that coop and 6 hens in the transition coop.
We currently have:
an incubator in the house that we just got our first baby from!!!
1 Brooder in the house
1 transition coop
1 long-term coop

-Trent and Susan S

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

I am sorry for the losses. :hugs It is never easy to lose them.

Great that you are adding to your flock! Sounds like you have some nice facilities for them.

Make yourself at home here and if you need help with anything, we are here to help!

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our roost! :)

Hello everyone!.........
We currently have 1 roo and 3 hens in that coop and 6 hens in the transition coop.
We currently have:
an incubator in the house that we just got our first baby from!!!
1 Brooder in the house
1 transition coop
1 long-term coop

-Trent and Susan S

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224
All the best

CT

:welcome Congratulations on the new hatch! I should say "Howdy, Neighbor!" as we are probably only about 25 miles next door.

Here is a more direct link to the Texas thread. Hope to see more of you!

Texas | BackYard Chickens

Welcome to Back Yard Chickens Trent and Sue,

I see Ken gave you a link or two so I will just say hello.
What is the breed your raising and hatching? Chicks are so much fun to watch. Good luck with the incubator and the new flock. Can't wait to see pictures of the little ones you hatch.

Welcome to Back Yard Chickens Trent and Sue,

I see Ken gave you a link or two so I will just say hello.
What is the breed your raising and hatching? Chicks are so much fun to watch. Good luck with the incubator and the new flock. Can't wait to see pictures of the little ones you hatch.

I actually have no idea what I'm hatching. My dad had Big Momma and her siblings shipped as a baby, and I don't remember what breed the rooster or other hen is. We got 3 different breeds at the same time. So whatever they are, baby is a mix. I'll definitely get pictures soon!

Back
Top Bottom