1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from West Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cephus, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Cephus

Cephus New Egg

Jan 16, 2016
    Midland Tx
    Absolutely love my small flock of Buff Orphingtons. Looking to expand with the addition of Barred Rocks soon. Love this site. Looking forward to meeting and utilizing the info and ideas here. Thank you BYC!

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you decided to join us.

I have BO's and BR's, they get along quite well together and am sure you will enjoy the additions.

If you haven't explored the issue, please do visit the learning center articles on adding to your flock to be prepared in how to accomplish the introductions.

Enjoy the forums.

1 person likes this.
  3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - great to have you join us.

Ct

1 person likes this.
  4. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer Premium Member

Hello and :welcome
    We are glad you joined us!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, it's nice to have you join us. Have you checked out the Learning Center? You'll find a ton of good information in one spot.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    [​IMG]

One of the most important things you can do for your flock is to isolate the new birds for a 30-day period. That will help safeguard your existing chickens from any pests or illnesses the new birds may have. After that, giving both sets of birds a chance to "look but not touch" for a couple of weeks will help them get used to each other. Once they are all together, there will probably still be some little skirmishes as they determine the new pecking order, but as long as bleeding or serious injury doesn't occur, they should all be fine.

Good luck!

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

8. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC!! ;)

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by