Hello from western NC (x2)

yazoo

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 16, 2013
western North Carolina
I have been lurking here for about a year. I built a permanent coop from ideas I saw here last year. We have four girls (two production reds and two leghorns) and a male guinea. The guinea acts as the rooster and watches over his little chicken flock, keeping a weather eye out for hawks, foxes, and the occasional neighborhood dog.

We just acquired six new chicks (americauna, two buff orpingtons, and three wyannedottes). The Wyanndottes are straight run so our guinea might be out of a job in a few weeks.

However, we also acquired four new guinea chicks so he will be real happy if there are hens in that bunch.

We're now mulling over our options for paddock shifting our chicken flock in terms of housing for the chickens. Leaning toward a tractor ark or hoop coop. My wife does not like the look of a hoop coop so it may be an ark. Seems like that would be more secure, but have the cleanliness issues that would be absent from the hoop coop tack.

Anyway, enough rambling on. Thank you for your community. There are so many helpful people and this site is an invaluable resource.

Last edited:
Howdy from Kansas, yazoo, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Best of luck to you and your construction project!

Back
Top Bottom