1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blue Smoke, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Blue Smoke

Blue Smoke Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2014
    Wisconsin
    I have been a lurker on and off for a while and just decided to join. I have chicks coming the end of the month, 5 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes from a breeder locally and then ordered 15 more chicks to arrive mid April. I have had chickens in the past, as many as 40 egg layers at one time so have a fair knowledge of chicken husbandry, but between moving out of my parents, getting married, buying our own home, and having kids (I am lucky enough to be a stay at home mom to a beautiful 2 year old daughter and 5 month old son) I took a break from having them for obvious reasons.

I am here to continue learning and ask questions when needed. I am hoping to keep roughly 15-20 laying hens around to keep my family supplied with fresh healthy eggs, fed organic as much as possible, and free ranged under supervision.

I also have had horses and dogs all my life, 2 horses and 7 dogs. My kids are learning to love animals and I love it!

We are patiently waiting for the snow to melt and get outside as much as possible!
    Looking forward to participating here more often [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] you probably have had a winter similar to ours (suburban Chicago) you have to have the patience of a saint to get thru this one. Slowly spring is trying to crack thru the ice.

4. RebelChief

RebelChief New Egg

Mar 7, 2014
    Aloha from Oahu. I'll send you some of our sunshine.

5. Blue Smoke

Blue Smoke Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Yes please!

Winter has been long, cold, and we have insane amounts of snow. I will be happy when it's over.

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Good luck in all your poultry adventures and welcome to BYC!

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC and back to poultry raising.

8. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by