Hello from Wyoming!

WyoChicks

Hatching
Mar 24, 2015
Hello!
I've been on this site multiple times but had never joined until today! I had been trying to find a picture of a blue cochin/araucana cross chicken with no such luck. I have 21 chickens and have hatched my own too. I'd like to share a few pictures of my beautiful babies that 5/6 ended up being roo's.

They are beautiful birds! :) So now if anyone is looking for blue cochin/araucana roo's here they are :)

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home! Gorgeous pictures!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Very pretty birds you have! Very common that Roosters prevail in a hatch.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Thank you for such a warm welcome!! I'm excited to learn along the way and share some stories about my funny flock!! :)

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

Your birds are lovely! Unfortunately, it does seem like roosters hatch more often than hens. I recently had a hatch of 7 Wyandottes, and 5 of them ended up being cockerels!

Hello!
I am getting ready to put some more eggs under a silky, she's broody again. I am going to try out the old wives tale and only put round oval eggs under her. I've read multiple conflicting articles, but we'll give it a go ;-)
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I had a hatch of one. Guess what? Yep, roo! But Scout is an integral part of our family so he's staying until he gives us reason to decide otherwise. He's been a story onto himself - folks from all over know Scout. His adventure is below, in my signature.

There is a Wyoming page for those of us from this amazing place we call "home". Just to up to the search box and type in Wyoming Unite. I'm from Cowley, not far from Cody. Welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom