Hello heat...so cold in this house!

mamagardener

Songster
11 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Central Massachussetts
Well, my house is super cold now. It is 9 in the morning and it is 40 outside. Thank goodness we are getting our pellets delivered this week. Time to break out the blankets and sweatshirts. Today at football, we will be so cold, it is damp cool and cloudy today.

How about everyone else, do you feel the need for heat yet, or is it still warm where you are?

its cold here in ct.. atleast this morning it was 40 degrees outside on my way to work. i am dreading putting on the heat.
th.gif

2 weeks ago it was 95, now it's 40! Heat, sweatshirt, and extra blankets now on the bed. When the dogs want to sleep under the covers, you know it's gettin' cold!

Inside temp lists 66. I think I usually set the heat for 68,or maybe it was 66.Regardless I am NOT turning on the heat.Funny thing is dh was complaining about the electric bill though he was happy for the AC cooled house.Now he is complaining about the gas bill since we have to pick a new supplier.

I won't turn on the heat until the system is checked,and I have no idea when we will have the money for that since we also are due for a septic check and pump out.The water tank recently flooded the house,and that also led to a gas leak,so are behind on the emergency cash fund. The joys of homeownership!

I put a bunch of blankets and jackets out and told everyone to get covered.I spend hours outside chicken herding in the cold(in the rain sometimes) so no one better complain to me how cold it is inside.

I would LOVE to have a wood burning stove.My GM used to have one in her village home(Hungary).We have a gas fireplace,but I have never used it.I hate gas.

Is cold here this morning too. Temp says 42 I agree a week ago 90s now this. Im setting here with a hoody on and gloves as I type. I have Reynaulds Syndrome so my hands get cold easy and turn white if I dont keep them warm. We havent turned on the heat yet.

Well it is 38 here but going to get up in the 80s this week.I wisk it would just stay cold to kill off the bugs.And the heat thing for us is great we use a wood stove so that helps out with money soooooo much.Our heat bill is $0 besides gas to go cut wood so say $40 all year.

36 here this morning, frost every where. but it will be back up to almost 70 in the afternoon. I wish this weather would make up its mind. maybe stay in the lower 70's upper 60's that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom