Hello hens and roosters

danieljblais

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 26, 2014
Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am not new to chickens, grew up raising bantams and free range Cornish cross. But I am preet new to heritage chickens, 2 years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I currently have 43 mixed, birds.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have decided to raise Buff orpingtons. I have spent the last 2 years gathering my stock and culling for breed standards.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

I have been following BYC since before I chose the heritage breed I was interested in. I found the site through my searches on various breeds.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Ask!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Loving wife, two great teen daughters.

We live on 160 acres, but work off farm. We aim to be self sufficient, growing our own meat, veggies, fruits ect and doing the preserving and freesing that goes wt all that.

We have fun with our dogs and horse and going to the girls grand parents places at the lake. Family is very important to us.

Love those buffs.
Daniel. sorry my iPad won't let me up load an avatar pic. Our internet connection must be 2 slow.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Love those Buff Orps! Lovely breed. Very friendly, docile and great on the laying!

Good luck with your breeding program and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, Daniel. Glad you decided to join our flock. Sounds like you have a nice farm for pursuing self-sufficiency. I've raised Buff Orpingtons for years and they are a wonderful breed; hardy, friendly and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter made lap pets of ours, and good layers of large, brown eggs. Good brooders and mothers too if you want some chicks incubated, hatched, and raised. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in becoming self-sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom