Hello! I’m new from Indiana

Larkbird96

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2018
Indiana
Hello! I live on the line between northern and central Indiana. And I actually joined last summer but forgot. I am not new to chickens, I first got 7 chickens when I was 11, we had them for about three years. Unfortunately sickness and multiple raccoons killed them. Last spring at about this time I got 6 more chicks, first time since I was a preteen. I adopted 5 more hens from a neighbor last fall and now have 10 hens and 1 rooster. 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 2 Red Stars, 3 Black Stars, and 2 Easter Eggers 1 of which is my rooster. And yes they all have names. My favorite part of raising backyard chickens is probably just watching them interact with each other. Other hobbies of mine include making art, finding ways to be more sustainable, gardening, reading, and watching documentaries such as Planet Earth. I am still in college so am still living with my parents and we currently have 7 barn cats, one gold fish and one Midland Painted Turtle. I have used this site for years as a source for finding out all of the information I wanted and needed to plan the perfect coop layout, number of chickens, and what breeds (this was and still is a hobby of mine).

:yesss: :welcome :yesss:
Welcome to our eggcelent flock here at BYC. Good to see another fellow Hoosier! From Greene county here. Check out our states page at:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/indiana-bycers-here.730582/page-5580

390C7C16-B620-416D-A0AE-877E6EB3FF00.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom