Hello- I am trying to make my 10 post quota so I can get more chickens

Well, I've lost count but HELLO FROM OHIO!
tongue.png

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

There is much to tell here, but I would like to share the reason for my terribly annoying posts. Our egg demand is far exceeding our supply. The fluffy-bottomed ladies lay 4-6 eggs a day, but our families want more eggs. My husband and I have thought about getting a better laying bird to add to our flock, but to be fair we don't want to mess up the perfect arrangement. Our chickens are the most social animals on the farm-- they come when called, enjoy being petted, and don't mistreat each other.

We want to add more orpingtons to the group. I want to keep the Buffs as our original chickens and my husband wants some blues and blacks. Our local chicken people can't get those from their hatcheries so we turned to this board in hopes of finding someone who has some chicks they may be interested in selling.

Oh! and I also talked him into one Silkie :)

Thank you so much for the welcomes :)!

I promise not to post in this manner in the future but for now just trying to get to my 10th post.

I wouldn't mind some suggestions for alternatives if we can't get our black and blue Orpingtons. I have heard that Barred Rocks are also large happy birds.

I am almost more excited about getting a Silkie. My mother in law is in charge of "growing them up" in the brooder then they come home after about 6 weeks.

YAY! 10TH POST!

If you are an orpington breeder I will be posting in the Wanted section. Please read

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom