Hello, I'm Luke from Elm Mott, Texas.

backyardklukker

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 6, 2013
Elm Mott, TX
Hello people. I've searched for many things on my backyard flock. And every answer online always leads me back to here. This site a super textbook of information on care and management for my chickens. So, I thought I would decide to join. I own 10 breeds of chickens:

Rhode Island Reds
Rhode Island Whites
Silver Laced Wyandottes
Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
Spitzhaubens
Plymouth Barred Rocks
Delawares
Salmon Faverolles
Buff Orpingtons
Malaysian Seramas

Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me. These are all the pets I own:

2 cats
2 pitbulls
28 fish in a 55 gallon aquarium
2 crabs in their also
25 Homing pigeons (working on my race team now) Should have 75 by next winter
70 chickens (+150 in the incubator)
2 guineas
I had 2 ducks, but I just sold them. They were creating huge messes in my chicken coop. They lived with the chickens and 2 guineas and they really thought they were chickens, as the guineas also do.....ha ha....All my chickens are automatically watered through 50 gallon containers with heated pvc pipe and watering nipples. The ducks would hold the nipples down all night long, until they created their own little pond in my chicken coop. There was nothing I could do to stop them. They loved it too much. So, they had to go. The more I focus on automated watering and feeding cleanly, the more I can pay attention to their health and care. The ducks were really keeping me busy and keeping the chickens wet, damp, and sick. So, I sold them to a couple who had 10 acres and a stock pond for them to swim on. I manage all my chickens on my 1 acre property as efficiently as I can. I have to design things to work well for all the birds I have in a small space. I do live outside the city limits. But I don't own but 1 acre, and I have neighbors on both sides, just like the city......

Back
Top Bottom