Hello, I'm Negautrunks!

Welcome! Haha, 20 roosters, that must have been lively. :lau
Your Cornish chicks are lovely!
Oh it was hilarious - my mom would say, "well, that one is a chicken at least." And within the week it would start crowing, until they were all crowing! Once they started fighting we started making soup - I was like 10, and I cried but I learned about raising food shrug. I paid extra for hens so I could have pets though LOL

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
That's a big brooder!!
Thank you! It's actually a weird little room that used to be a porch, but became part of the house somehow (prev owners). Since it's enclosed I just decided the chicks could have it until the coop is done (soon, soon...). They love it :)

Welcome to BYC. You have picked an interesting breed. Are they from show stock, and do you plan on showing ?
Howdy, sourland,
They are from Ideal, already I can see that they are a bit leggy. I've just always liked the look of the breed and what I've read also attracted me to them. They are all of the things I want in my chickens, and I think they will get on well with the Albuquerque weather.

I wouldn't know how to go about showing them if I did get a pretty one (you know what i mean haha)! But I have thought about it before. I'm planning to move out to some land I bought and when I do, I will definitely get more chickens (can only have 15 here) - then I will have more opportunity for raising specialized chickens.

Oh it was hilarious - my mom would say, "well, that one is a chicken at least." And within the week it would start crowing, until they were all crowing! Once they started fighting we started making soup - I was like 10, and I cried but I learned about raising food shrug. I paid extra for hens so I could have pets though LOL

:gig

-byc-neighbor-flock.png

hithere.gif
Hope you enjoy being part of our community and sharing your experience!

Back
Top Bottom