Hello! I'm New Here!

EarleyFam

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2023
Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself here! I am a homeschooling mom of 4 kiddos and am excited to start my journey as a chicken mama as well!
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We ARE new to chickens! As a matter of fact, we have our first flock growing well in our family room. We first got them 2 weeks ago,

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
8 chicks! 4 are 2 weeks old and 4 are 1 week old.

(3) What breeds do you have?
4 Amerecaunas, 2 Brahmas and 2 Isa Browns

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love so much about this so far - but some of my favorite things are watching my children interact with the chicks so sweetly - and also how much fun they have making the chicks little villages to trample through out of cardboard tubes or duplo legos. I love holding their little chick bodies close to my chest and feeling their downy feathers. I love how all 8 of the chicks have a different personality and we are learning about them more and more each day! I also love the thought of gathering our own eggs every day to make delicious and fresh food for my family that we helped make ourselves; helping our children learn special skills and nurturing abilities while caring for the babies and all of the bonding time my family has had through building our chicken tractor and caring for the birds.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
All 4 of my children and I are competitive Irish dancers and dance multiple days a week! I'm also the leader of a mother's group (MOPS) at my church and like knitting, sewing, costuming and board gaming.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have 2 boys and 2 girls and I've been married to my best friend and husband for 13 years. We also have a 2lb Yorkiepoo named Frodo and a black cat named Athena.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Almost everything I've googled online has brought me right back to BYC and all of the wonderful advice that people give here! I knew I needed to join because my questions are starting to pile up!

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself here! I am a homeschooling mom of 4 kiddos and am excited to start my journey as a chicken mama as well!
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We ARE new to chickens! As a matter of fact, we have our first flock growing well in our family room. We first got them 2 weeks ago,

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 8 chicks! 4 are 2 weeks old and 4 are 1 week old.

(3) What breeds do you have? 4 Amerecaunas, 2 Brahmas and 2 Isa Browns

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I love so much about this so far - but some of my favorite things are watching my children interact with the chicks so sweetly - and also how much fun they have making the chicks little villages to trample through out of cardboard tubes or duplo legos. I love holding their little chick bodies close to my chest and feeling their downy feathers. I love how all 8 of the chicks have a different personality and we are learning about them more and more each day! I also love the thought of gathering our own eggs every day to make delicious and fresh food for my family that we helped make ourselves; helping our children learn special skills and nurturing abilities while caring for the babies and all of the bonding time my family has had through building our chicken tractor and caring for the birds.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? All 4 of my children and I are competitive Irish dancers and dance multiple days a week! I'm also the leader of a mother's group (MOPS) at my church and like knitting, sewing, costuming and board gaming.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have 2 boys and 2 girls and I've been married to my best friend and husband for 13 years. We also have a 2lb Yorkiepoo named Frodo and a black cat named Athena.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :DAlmost everything I've googled online has brought me right back to BYC and all of the wonderful advice that people give here! I knew I needed to join because my questions are starting to pile up!
Welcome to BYC!!

Earleyfarm, welcome home to BYC. You have come to the right place for help and good advice. Your will enjoy the colorfull eggs and the isa browns will give you some large eggs when they hit their prime. Now is the time to plan for their security from predators while they are not yet outside. These folks can help you with some good advice with regards to that and once again, welcome home....

Back
Top Bottom