Hello I'm new to this .....

erine017

In the Brooder
Feb 9, 2016
Just got 3 baby chick on sat. I love them already so fun to raise chicks
2764.png
. Still need to get a coop any recommendations on size and where to buy
Thanks

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. The other members have answered your question nicely so I'll just say, please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chicks :celebrate They sure are cute :love
Have you stopped by the learning centre? There is a lovely section on housing your chickens that should give you some ideas on how much room they will need. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
I would advise that you get or make something bigger than you need right now as I'm sure you will want to add more once chicken math has taken over!

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif

Cute chicks, thanks for sharing a picture!

If you're going to buy a coop, check out the review section to see how they stack up:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/category/coops-runs-housing

From what I've read, it's usually no more costly to build a coop and the quality can be better. There's also the issue of manufacturers over-stating how many birds a pre-made coop can comfortably fit. Do lots of homework before buying.

Good luck to you, glad to hear you are enjoying the peeps!

Hi, welcome and congrats on your new chicks! I hope that you enjoy the chicken ride
smile.png
You already have some great advice - IMO sheds make very good coops.

All the best
CT

Just got 3 baby chick on sat. I love them already so fun to raise chicks
2764.png
. Still need to get a coop any recommendations on size and where to buy
Thanks

Welcome to BYC! Your chicks are very cute, they are so awesome to watch grow. I will second the notion to check out the Coops section, there are a ton of great designs there. Even if someone isn't a carpenter, a coop isn't hard too hard to tackle.

Back
Top Bottom