Hello in SW Ohio

Ohio? bring your flock here to CA. I do chickensit, then you can travel anywhere you like!
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Ohio? bring your flock here to CA. I do chickensit, then you can travel anywhere you like!
Its funny, because I am a Calif transplant. I moved to Ohio in 2004 after living most of my life in SF Bay Area. Was just too expensive for me to live there raising two kids

Is CX "Cornish cross" for meat birds? Or you are having them for layers and meat?

Cornish Cross. Jumbo Cornish Cross to be specific are the ones I will be getting. So they are specifically for meat only since they’ll die if I don’t process them at their appointed time.

I’m not a fan of how excessively they grow and stuff, but I don’t want to care for chicks year round to wait til they get to the ideal size with normal chickens.

With these CX they say in only 8-9 weeks they’re ready for the freezer

But I'm a retired US Marshall raising chickens! your's would be safe!
What I really miss about Calif was they allowed you to keep chickens in your backyard, at least when we were living there. It was a suburban area with a house on 1/10th acre, and my parents had a rooster and hens. I am surprised the neighbors didnt complain LOL. Here where I live in SW Ohio, you have to have 5 ACRES to even own poultry (legally), though I know many people who are keeping stealth chickens on much less than that in this "semi-rural" town.

Cornish Cross. Jumbo Cornish Cross to be specific are the ones I will be getting. So they are specifically for meat only since they’ll die if I don’t process them at their appointed time.

I’m not a fan of how excessively they grow and stuff, but I don’t want to care for chicks year round to wait til they get to the ideal size with normal chickens.

With these CX they say in only 8-9 weeks they’re ready for the freezer
Yea I heard that about CX's too, basically "bred to die". I have heard of some 'peeps' experimenting with letting them free range and they seemed to adapt and live longer with that arrangement They were restricting feed there though because of the free range...that prolly made a difference.

Back
Top Bottom