Hello Intro!

Paddlefoot

Songster
Feb 20, 2020
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are new chicken parents. We got our first four about 5 weeks ago and another 4 one week ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
A little bit of everything (kind of...)
1 Golden laced Wyandotte
1 red brahma
1 “Ameracauna” probably an Easter egger
1 barred rock
Second batch is:
1 copper maran (I think)
1 silver seabright
2 silkies

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Seeing the kids with them and how quickly they change. They’re adorably quirky

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, interior design, wood working, family time

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Two littles of the human persuasion. 2 cats and 1 dog, plus the 8 new additions

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
Started with coop research, then became a bit of an obsession for every question I had, and has saved my bacon with the second batch, and I finally joined because of my chirpy little seabright. His/her brood-mates peep and trill happily while it runs around being as loud as possible if not eating and sleeping.

ALSO VERY INTERESTED IN/NEED RESOURCES/IDEAS FOR: all of it! At this point I splinted a club-footed silkie and knew what to do about pasty butt thanks to this forum, so bring it on!

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Nice variety of breeds you have!! This IS the place with all the answers. You might post questions in the appropriate forums to get answers for your questions on club feet and pasty butt.

Good luck with your chicks and welcome to our community! :)

Thank you, happy to be here. I’ve been surprised by how much I’m enjoying the chicks and how much of a chicken community there is!
Chicks and chickens are SO much fun to keep. Such personality, curiosity, intelligence. BYC is a huge community! You will get to know others by just hanging around. :)

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Do you have your coop and run built and ready to go?
We do, but all the tinies are too young to go outside officially. At least from what I was told. My 5 week olds get really sassy if I don’t put them in the run during the day though... so I’m not sure what to do there. It’s still getting pretty chilly at night.

Back
Top Bottom