Hello! Maybe some one can help?

MangTheRooster

Chirping
Dec 5, 2018
Monroe New York
Hello! This is Mang! My rooster I got him in May, along with a Hen(Luna), but she passed and now it's just him :( . I was wondering if someone can help me look for another hen or 2 for him? Tbh this is my first time doing this I don't even know what type of rooster he is :/

Attachments

• 2018-07-09 05.53.06 1.jpg
    2018-07-09 05.53.06 1.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 50
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
He looks like a mixed breed.
Where are you located in the world?
You can buy sexed chicks to raise for him or you can buy pullets, quarantine them then introduce them to him after the quarantine is over. How many chickens can you have where you are? The picture you provided looks like you are in a suburban setting. Are you even allowed to have him?? How long have you had him? I'd hate to see you get more chickens only to find out down the road that they are not allowed where you are and you have to get rid of them. It happens all the time.
Good luck.

Hi! Welcome to BYC. :frow I agree with the others; he is beautiful. DobieLover has asked some good questions. And/but I hope you're able to keep him. He reminds me of a Game Fowl (cross, perhaps) bird.
You can buy chicks from online hatcheries. Meyer's Hatchery, located in Ohio, has a small minimum of three chicks at the lowest, and you can buy them sexed females. You could also get some hens from Craigslist, like the others suggested. My family and I have found a couple of great ferrets from there, and just recently picked up two Silkie bantams found off of there as well (and turns out, the lady who posted them lives in our town). :love

How many chickens can you have where you are?
I can have maybe 3 or 4.
The picture you provided looks like you are in a suburban setting. Are you even allowed to have him??
Yes
How long have you had him?
Since the end of May
Excellent!
I would find out how many chickens you can have and start looking for some pullets on CL or a local poultry group on FB. People are selling pullets all the time in my area.
Do you have a coop/run all set up for your new flock?

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcomeWe are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Pullets would keep him company and he would get along better with pullets when being integrated. What area are you located in? Craigslist is where I ordered a lot of my birds and they are a very popular site. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Back
Top Bottom