Hello, new egg here :)

Chickenrunlady

Songster
Mar 28, 2017
Ottawa
Hello, I am first an animal lover, I swear I'm snow white as I can walk in the woods and the animals just come to me :) And I would not change it for anything. I'm good with animals and understand and sympathize with them than most humans I know. That horses are my obsession and passion and I have studied them greatly with a master horseman. I am new to chickens and thought adding them to the farm would be great fun. And so far it has, who new chicken were so much fun. I'm loving having them and I really appreciate this website, it has answered a lot of questions for me.

I have 5 chickens, 5 hens, and one roo. I got them from my neighbors who have many, many chickens. I went to see him to see his chicken tractors and next thing you know I have 5, 3-day old chicks in my sweatshirt. My neighbor has a neat business that he rents chickens to mostly city people. Provides them with a chicken tractor, the chickens and the feed for the summer then pick them up in the fall. As most city folk don't have the space to house them over winter. Neat idea!!!! So off home I went to build a coop, that has turned into a mini mansion. I'm having a lot of fun with it. My chickens are here to provide eggs and have a good life. Thank you for all the help and great reads, I have learned a lot.

:welcome
What breeds did you get?
coop1.jpg
coop 2.jpg
coop3.jpg
coop3.jpg
coop 4.jpg

I've since added some fairy light around the whole roof, the coop will be outside and have a run connected to it soon. I've also added curtains to the windows and have not yet built the nesting boxes, but I have very sweet curtains ready for the nesting boxes :) Any advice about how much to raise the roost bar, my chicks are 9 weeks old now. As for breed, Cochin & Brahmas, ISA Brown.
Charlotte78.jpg
Randy78.jpg
Georgia78.jpg
chicks and ducks.jpg
Tristan and Lulu Srping 2017.jpg

And a pic of my gorgeous horse Tristan and Lulu, just because.

Attachments

• coop5.png
    coop5.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Beautiful pictures!! Fabulous territory you live in too!!

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our roost! :)

Back
Top Bottom