Hello - new here

mitchkin

Hatching
Mar 24, 2017
Hi i've had a few backyard hens for 3-4 years now. Not sure why i didn't join here sooner!

Currently have 5 ladies - leghorn, copper black, columbine, light sussex and blue haze. In UK so i guess some of those might be different to type if chickens US memvers have???

Having problens recently trting to find a vet who can help with chickens without resorting to farm vets high prices and anti pet attitudes. My leghorn seems to have vent glee i just can't get it to go away completely and my coper black seems to be getting more and more skinny. Can't locate any crop issues. All have recently had a course of antibiotics and worming just in case. No mites. Definately getting eggs from both leghorn and copperblack almost daily.

Anything else i can do or check before i get a vet here? Just worried vet may want to kill any hen not seeming 100% healthy as they won't recognise them as pets. I'm in north and backyard chickens are uncommon here.

Good to meet everyone - sorry to ask for help straight away and thank you in advance to amy who read this!

welcome-byc.gif

I hope the links you've been given are helpful. Thanks for joining us!

Hello, and welcome to our wonderful forum! I am so glad you joined Backyard Chickens, I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

G’Day from down under mitchkin
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you and your flock all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom