Hello!! New Member from NC!

WannabeChickenOwner

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 7, 2010
Ok, well I am 13 and I really want to raise chickens with my family, but they aren't that interested... I think it would be fun and I really like chickens. I got a book from the library on raising chickens and I am looking in the book and I don't understand much of what some of the words mean... for example molting. Could someone give me some other resources on raising chickens. I think I need ALOT of help

Thanks

Last edited:
welcome and good luck convincing your parents! I haven't any experience with chickens yet, will be moving next spring and then we'll get some, but there are lots of folks here who I'm sure can point you in the right direction!

welcome-byc.gif
from Missouri. Use the search part of this forum, most of your questions can be answered from that. Good luck and have fun. There is tons of information.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
From Syracuse, NY and yes raising chickens is fun. Molting is when chickens lose their old feathers and grow new ones. Now If you'd like more information you should check your local public library. Search under chickens and poultry. There are also a number of good web sites. You can get lots of ideas on coops and feeding right here at BYC. But I would check your public library first. If you have a book store there are magazines such as Back Yard Poultry, that have lots of information too.

Wishing you the best and looking forward to hearing more from you

Rancher Hicks

ya.gif
Welcome to BYC! It's amazing how much information you can find on the forums here and on the BYC home site - I'm sure you will soon find out all the information you need to convince your family that a breakfast providing pet is at least as good as one that eats your slippers, lol!

Back
Top Bottom