Hello, New Members wanting to say hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by L and M Farms, Jan 25, 2014.

1. L and M Farms

L and M Farms Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2014
    Alabama
    Hi so I am luke from L&M Farms we recently started raising chickens. I grew up on a large farm with chicken houses but my wife is new to this. We recently bought 14 RIR about 15 weeks old dontthink any are showing signs of being a roo. Also bought 7 dominquies one for sure rooster. A golden laced polish hen and bare bearded polish frizzle rooster. Two jersey giants and 5 silkies. So any advise input would be great have one large coop for the main flock then another for the polish an silkies.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

3. backyardflock1

backyardflock1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2014
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG] I am quite new myself; but everyone here is extremely nice! Also the BYC community is very active. Welcome, and have fun [​IMG]

4. UgLeeDuck

UgLeeDuck Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2014
    Welcome to BYC. Plenty of us here going through the growing pains of starting up. Hopefully we'll be able to gain insight, knowledge and wisdom from our own experiences and those that others are good enough to share with us.

5. L and M Farms

L and M Farms Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2014
    Alabama
    Thanks for the open welcomes I have been on this site probably every day for the last several months don't really know why it took this long to join but glad to finally be on board.

6. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC :)

7. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Having the silkies and polish together makes a lot of sense. They are both breeds that tend to get picked on because of their appearance and the fact that they are usually docile birds. Their big crests/beards obscure their vision so they start out on uneven ground with most other breeds.

9. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] Luke great to have ya here in the flock [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is part of my small flock [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by