hello new to byc :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shauna89, Dec 7, 2014.

1. shauna89

shauna89 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2014
    I Have 4 rir had them couple months now but yesterday I notice One can not stand on both legs the right leg seems all floppy but she still eating and drinking well I have made her a new bed in my bedroom hoping rest will help she don't seem to be in pain no swelling on leg so don't think it's a break any ideas ? Thanks :)

2. shauna89

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

I am so sorry about your girl! [​IMG] She looks so sad. I think you need to post this in our emergency section for more help with her. She could have sprained something, dislocated her hip or she may even have Mareks disease. Many neurological issues can cause lameness as well. Click here for our emergency section....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

If you have an avian vet you can take her to, that will be the best bet.

Good luck with her and I sure hope you can get her back to good health soon. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. shauna89

Dec 7, 2014
    Thanks and I have posted in there this morning I'm gonna see how she goes tonight and look into a vet for her she is my baby the nicest one of the 4 loves to be held and stroked :( just hoping nothing serious

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

I'm sorry about your hen. [​IMG] My first thought is Marek's disease, but there are other possibilities. Hopefully, members in the Emergencies section can help!

1 person likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry to hear about your hen! [​IMG]Marek's is a definite posiblity, but she might also have strained or sprained a muscle. Other things, such as vitamin deficiencies, can cause paralysis as well. I would definitely post in the Emergencies section for some more answers. Good luck with her!

8. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock!! So sorry it's not under better circumstances :hugs
    Really hope you can get her back to full health soon, she looks such a sweet bird. Wishing you the very best of luck with her in the future :frow

9. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about your hen, hope she recovers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by