Hello, new to the world of raising chickens

David Morgan

Hatching
Mar 5, 2016
Emory,Texas
Hello y'all,
My wife and I got our first of hopefully many more chickens. We got a Roster and Hen, black Bantam Cochins. John & June, my wife names everything even the possums that steal the cat food like John Henry. We live outside Emory, Texas. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can. I have gained some great ideas from this site. Thanks for Having us.
David & Gloria

Hi :welcome David and Gloria

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chickens :celebrate I'm sure you will enjoy this new venture very much, they are fab to keep and lots of fun too. I'm sure John & June would really appreciate some more flock members. One roo can easily handle 10 hens on his own. Adding some more hens would make it easier for June too so he does not over breed her and cause her any damage. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

frow.gif

Hi David and Gloria and welcome to BYC.

If you check out the Learning Centre, you'll find a whole host of resources on all things chicken.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread). In fact, the search box should become your best friend
cid:72343587-E4D5-49FE-ABD9-FC042197A8B2
Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
CT

welcome-byc.gif

x2 on adding more hens and the Learning Center...both very good tips.

It's nice to have you here!

Nice to meet you David and Gloria, glad you decided to join the Backyard chickens flock. Have you visited the Learning center? You can also post on your state thread if you wish - just put the name in the search box and it will pop up. You may find chicken folks near you.

Back
Top Bottom