Hello, newbie chicken mom from MN

Hi everyone!

I am a brand new chicken owner in rural Hutchinson, MN. We just bought a hobby farm, and I promptly ordered 15 chicks. They are due here late next week, and I am so excited.

We ordered americanas, barred rocks, midnight majesty marans, and golden wynadottes.

I have limited knowledge of raising chickens, as I did help my aunt with hers for a bit. I have always dreamed of having my own flock. I have spent a lot of time reading about chickens, and will more than likely be asking for help on here too. :)

I look forward to meeting you all, and thank you for having me! :D

Carissa

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Hi everyone!

I am a brand new chicken owner in rural Hutchinson, MN. We just bought a hobby farm, and I promptly ordered 15 chicks. They are due here late next week, and I am so excited.

We ordered americanas, barred rocks, midnight majesty marans, and golden wynadottes.

I have limited knowledge of raising chickens, as I did help my aunt with hers for a bit. I have always dreamed of having my own flock. I have spent a lot of time reading about chickens, and will more than likely be asking for help on here too. :)

Carissa
Welcome

Hi everyone!

Carissa
Carissa, welcome to the Forums! I'm fairly new here and at raising chickens myself. Tons to read and learn here!

Hi Carissa and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

@duluthralphie Pop over and say hi when you have a sec

Howdy:

Welcome to BYC..

15 chickens is a great start... a few hundred more and it will be perfect.

You are in the best location for poultry in the state. We all flock to Hutchinson in October for the state poultry show.

They also have a couple swaps there each year which is a great spot to pick up quality birds.

Your also only 45 minutes from New Ulm the other great bird show and swap place...

And lastly,, please jump over to the Surviving Minnesota` thread and join us. We don’t bite hard and are a fairly active group. Many of us know each other personally and get together some....including each October in Hutch.

Back
Top Bottom