Hello, newbie chicken mom from MN

Howdy:

Welcome to BYC..

15 chickens is a great start... a few hundred more and it will be perfect.

You are in the best location for poultry in the state. We all flock to Hutchinson in October for the state poultry show.

They also have a couple swaps there each year which is a great spot to pick up quality birds.

Your also only 45 minutes from New Ulm the other great bird show and swap place...

And lastly,, please jump over to the Surviving Minnesota` thread and join us. We don’t bite hard and are a fairly active group. Many of us know each other personally and get together some....including each October in Hutch.

Oh awesome! I didn't expect to run into any other Minnesotans in here. I definitely will do that. Thank you :D

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Carissa You will find most of us do not use heat lamps anymore due to fires from them we use heating pads build a u of hardware cloth lay heating pad over or one of the premade pads
Thank you do much for the tip. I hated using a heatlamp, as I was always worried about starting a fire. The heat pad trick works awesome.

welcome89.gif
wave high happy.gif

Howdy:

Welcome to BYC..

15 chickens is a great start... a few hundred more and it will be perfect.

You are in the best location for poultry in the state. We all flock to Hutchinson in October for the state poultry show.

They also have a couple swaps there each year which is a great spot to pick up quality birds.

Your also only 45 minutes from New Ulm the other great bird show and swap place...

And lastly,, please jump over to the Surviving Minnesota` thread and join us. We don’t bite hard and are a fairly active group. Many of us know each other personally and get together some....including each October in Hutch.

@duluthralphie I was looking around to find out more about the Hutch state poultry show, and cannot find anything on it. I found some info about a swap in Feb. I'm super interested- can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom