Hello Soon to be New Duck Mom!

DuckDuckSook

Songster
Jan 20, 2020
Southeastern PA
My Coop
My Coop
Hello hello! I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful community! My family just moved to a new house with 3 acres and a small barn. I've always wanted to raise some farm animals so we are going to start with ducks! We are so excited to start this new adventure and hope to learn from all the experts here on Backyard Chickens!
(1) Are you new to ducks / when did you first get ducks?

We are new to ducks and plan to get our first ducks this upcoming spring.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Currently, we don't have any ducks yet. But, we are hoping to get 1 drake and 7 hens. (8 is my favorite number!)

(3) What breeds do you have?

We primarily want ducks for eggs and we wanted a friendly, entertaining breed so we are going with Runners.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I'm looking forward to having fresh duck eggs, foragers who will keep our garden healthy, and a flock of entertaining feathered friends.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Other hobbies include: art (painting, sketching, weaving), reading, journaling, hiking/walking, spending time with our 8lb. Chiweenie named Sooky (hence the Sook part of my username)

(6) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've known about BYC for several years. I was on here quite a bit researching chickens when I thought we were going to go that route, but we've changed our minds to start out with ducks instead. This community is an amazing resource and I've learned so much already! I appreciate all the the wisdom and advice from fellow chicken and duck lovers!

Back
Top Bottom