Hello there!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I was first introduced to chickens when I was around 12 when my parents raised a small flock of chickens for eggs. I didn’t recall much of the knowledge as I began my journey with my own flock 42 years later.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
My husband always wanted chickens so we started our own small flock of 10 hens. Now we are up to 23 chickens. I’m addicted. I love them all especially my OG hens whom all have names.

(3) What breeds do you have?
5-Black-Copper Maran hens, 2 Cream Legbar hens, 2 Maline hens, 3 Bielefelder hens, a Rockbard hen, 1 Polish hen, 1 Americana, 1 olive Egger, 1 white maran, 2 other red hens I can’t recall their breeds & 1 Black-Copper Maran rooster, 2 Maline Roosters, & 1 silkie rooster.
I have too many roosters. I need to harvest or find a new home for 1 of my beautiful Maline roosters & I need to find a new home for my precious Tarzan (my silkie rooster).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love their friendliness, curiosity, peacefulness, beautiful eggs, funny personalities. I’m hooked! I love my chickens.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love spending time with my family (especially my grandchildren), canning, camping, traveling & experiencing new adventures.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have 2 English Labrador Retrievers & my mom (who lives with us) has a Shitzu.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found this sight googling different issues I was having. I love the support & community!

Attachments

• welcome2.jpg
    welcome2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom