Hello there

ShylaRyo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 21, 2014
Grantville
My name is Amanda and I am a new mommy to two baby silkies. I know one is a white but the other I am unsure of. I am hoping to show them but I must first learn about how to show them and of course how to prepare them.the white ones name is Shyla her name means snow. And the dark one is Ryo which means blossom.

My name is Amanda and I am a new mommy to two baby silkies. I know one is a white but the other I am unsure of. I am hoping to show them but I must first learn about how to show them and of course how to prepare them.the white ones name is Shyla her name means snow. And the dark one is Ryo which means blossom.
They look very healthy and extremely cute ;). One thing everyone has told me about silkies is they are amazing mothers if you are ever thinking of breeding them and hatching chicks. :)

Howdy! Do your research about showing and see if your chicks are close to the standard of perfection for their breed. Even if they may not be show worthy, you can't beat a pet chicken for a backyard pet. Good luck!

images

Congrats on the new babies! They sure are cute!! I don't know anything on showing birds, but I wish you luck in this venture!

Great to have you aboard and enjoy your new chicks!

Thank you I'm glad to be a board. I really look forward to learning new things and meeting new people. My uncle had two silkies before and they were house trained. Amazing creatures if I do say so myself.

Chickens are incredibly smart! Some of my girls amaze me everyday with their intelligence. I would love to have a house chicken! LOL

They ssurprisingly catch on fast my uncle started them at three months in the house and by the time they were six months they were perfect. They slept in a dog bed in his room lol there was a large dog crate (just the bottom with no gate) with some bedding in it and that's where they went to the bathroom sorta like a litter box. Lol pepper, one of his silkies used to stare at the TV like she was really watching it

Back
Top Bottom