Hello, world!

bricemorton

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2021
Woods Cross, UT
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I consider myself new to this. We started our flock in April 2020 I believe.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

11 (4 are just chicks right now, though)

(3) What breeds do you have?

Ameraucana
Rhode Island Red x2
Red Sex-Link
Asian Black
Leghorn
Buff Cochin
Blue Laced Wyandotte
Araucana
Buff Brahma

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

They're really friendly and intelligent animals. They're great with the kids, and always happy to see me. They keep the yard more bug-free. They make eggs!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

DIY stuff, mostly 3d printing and some aluminum work. Dual-sport motorcycle camping. Drone photography. RC Rock Crawling. Gaming with the kids.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Family of 4. We have 2 Cockatiels and a Quaker Parrot that live inside the house with us. My daughter is a total bird nerd. My wife was afraid of chickens until she finally got some of her own and now she loves them so much!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I've probably read hundreds of forum posts here just looking for general chicken related info. I finally joined because I picked up a pullet in the 'assorted pullets' brooder at the local TS and couldn't tell myself if it was a Cochin or Brahma, so I made an account, posted, and had an answer ridiculously fast! I'll attach a pic of our coop when it was freshly built.

Attachments

• 2021-03-08 (4).jpg
    2021-03-08 (4).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom