Hello Y'all.

May 25, 2019
Hi I'm 0819BrandNewFlock and I'm new to owning chickens.
I got my first 4 chicks On February 25th 2019 and my next 4 on February 27th 2019 at my local TSC.
I lost 2 of my beloved chicks (a Silkie and a Crested Bantam) to birth defects at about week 7.
So I currently have 6 chickens and 2 ducks.
I'm loving pretty much everything about raising my chickens.
Most of my other hobbies also include animals but I'm also a book lover and I love baking from scratch. (Give my a farm, a huge kitchen, and a private library and I'd be happy for life.) My family also has dogs, cats, 2 Bearded Dragons, a pig, and a ferret.

I found backyard chickens while researching facts and information to convince my parents that owing chickens (and other fowl) is a wonderful idea.

Welcome, you could tell your parents that chickens are a very good idea. BYC has over 300,000 members around the globe. They can't all be wrong.

I badgered them for weeks with information regarding chickens and how great they are and citied this website so many times.
Then on my birthday I was surprised with 4 2 day old chicks ... then I used my birthday money and bought myself 4 more chicks that hatched on my birthday.

To be honest I've wanted farm animals since I was a little girl but until now we've never lived in a place where it was possible.

Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new hobby.

Here are some links to key resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom