Hello! :)

angelikimarie

Songster
6 Years
Nov 5, 2015
Melbourne Fl
New here, what a cool website! I'm new to caring for chickens, and I never thought I'd be so intrigued by it, I've had my 5 hens (4 white leghorns and a RIR) for 8 months now, they are great layers, and sweet, just love them!, and now Ive had 5 more (about 4 months old) added to the flock and have no idea what breeds they are, but I believe I have two roosters, so this has me wondering if I do some reading and research I could start raising more. Will be posting in the breed question forum soon. Thank you for your help in advance!! :)
Angel

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Lovely pics of your birds there :love I'm so pleased to hear you are enjoying your chicken keeping. It is a fantastic hobby, lots of fun and very rewarding too. I'm sure other members over in the breed/gender section will be able to help you.

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a beautiful flock. Thanks for posting the pics. :eek:) All of us here at BYC have ODC (Obsessive Chicken Disorder) and very few of us are immune to "chicken math." If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I really like your chickens! They're beautiful. Do they have names? I have 5 hens: 3 buff orpingtons, 1 speckled sussex and 1 EE mix. I've named them Gracie, Sunny, Daisy, Rosie and Quanie. They sure are fun!

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community.
frow.gif

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC, one rooster can handle 10 hens, any less and they tend to get overbred and physically damaged. Hens are usually happier without a rooster harassing them, and will lay eggs just as well without them .

Back
Top Bottom