Hello

Chardorey

Hatching
Jan 14, 2016
Nova Scotia
I have 2 Rhode Island Red hens and just purchased a splash Australorp rooster.
Raised hens from chicks and they free range.
What color will be the new chicks be when hatched this year?

Charles

Welcome to BYC, Charles. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've never crossed those two particular breeds of chickens together but if you post your question on our General Breed Discussions and FAQs and What Breed or Gender is This? sections in Chicken Breeds under the Forum at the top of the page, perhaps one of our members who frequents those sections can answer your question. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I too have never crossed these breeds so can't be of much help to you on what your chicks will be. Michael has left you some good advice though and I'm sure members over in that section will be able to help you.

Good luck for the future and enjoy BYC :frow

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

Hi and welcome to BYC - good luck with your breeding plan - nothing nicer than seeing mum and babies running around the place :)

Ct

Back
Top Bottom